Gilda's (Santa Cruz)

food: 4/5
experience: 4/5
overall: 4/5

Holy shit man I cannot handle this restaurant. The bread is too damn good! If you're after bread on the wharf seriously look no further, this is the spot. I get fat off this stuff.


It's French bread, as opposed to the typical sourdough you'll find on the wharf. So much better. Dusted with flour on top. Love when they do that.

Oh right, so they also serve actual food here. First, they have scallops. Um, obviously I went for these before anything else.


Scallops are always good but holy shit they were just swimming in butter. They were sautéed I guess is why? I think I'm the only person in America that doesn't like butter all over everything. That part was nasty. Comes with a baked potato because I totally need more carbs after all that bread.

I hate to cut this review short but, sadly, Gilda's has decided not to reopen thanks to our crackdown on small businesses - sorry, lockdown. I will never be able to try that delicious bread again sadface. Gilda, you will be missed.

Comments