Taste of Thai (Land Park)

food: 5/5
experience: 5/5
overall: 5/5

Taste of Thai is Chada Thai's rival on Broadway, just a couple doors down. How they both stay in business is beyond me. They both must have their own loyal fanbases. They don't seem to offer much different. I wonder if they have a truce. Hm.

My favorite thing here is the pumpkin curry. It's really kabocha squash but that's even better in my opinion. Their servings are pretty big compared to Chada.


This is a special so they might not always have it.

They also have very decent-sized salads, including a green papaya salad.


Tom kha is my favorite kind of Thai soup so I had to try theirs.


It's decent. It's described as a hot and sour coconut but it's more on the sweet side, with white and green onions, lemongrass, mushrooms, meat (I got beef), and some other thing in there I couldn't identify so I avoided heh. Also on the coconut menu is the gai yang, which is chicken marinated in coconut milk.


Yeah this pretty much just tastes like chicken. It's got turmeric as well but it's just grilled chicken essentially. It's good but only because chicken is good anyway.

Entree-wise, Taste of Thai has a huge variety of stir-fries, noodles, and fried rice options. Unfortunately most if not all of them have soy so I couldn't partake. But they have a lot of unique Thai street food like bamee moo dang (Thai egg noodles with pork and egg), khao kai jeaw (Thai omelette) and khao soi (Thai coconut ramen). The khao soi is the one dish that doesn't actually have soy (wouldn't know by the name) so I did get to try that one.


And man oh man is it good shit. Khao soi is pretty much curry with noodles which doesn't seem too special but they got the ramen noodles, the crispy noodles, some crispy fried garlic on top, some bean sprouts and red onions and other vegetables I'm not interested in, plus your choice of meat. The coconut curry is super flavorful and just the right amount of spicy. Altogether it's quite the flavor bomb.

Speaking of curry, they used to have a huge selection of curries too but now they just have the standard green, red, yellow, and panang. I'll stick to my soy-free curries, thank you. Having tried the (delicious) red curry already, I got the yellow and panang to see how they stacked up (I hate green curry).


Not much to say other than they're both good and they have big portions. They're pretty similar to each other. They're not too spicy but they are a lil bit, so be forewarned.


Personally I think Taste of Thai's portion sizes are a better deal than Chada, whose dishes are moderately portioned (I like to take the extra home... or y'know, just eat too much). I gotta say, even though we have a history, Chada, Taste of Thai is my bae.

Comments