California Livin' Series: Christmas Lights in the Fab 40's (East Sacramento)

California Livin' celebrates Christmas! Dawwww.

If Sacramento is good at one thing, it is holidays. You got your Old Sac fireworks on the 4th, Evangeline's Costume Mansion in October, I'm sure there's some cool shit during New Year's (probably see 4th of July), and the motherfucking Christmas lights in East Sac during the holidays. Okay, "holiday lights". Jesus. Or geez. Damn. People are touchy.


I think the lights started on 43rd street cus that's like, I dunno, the main rich people street. Then they expanded to pretty much all the 40's streets.


They have lights strung all across the streets and around the trees. It's basically mandatory for every house to participate. Or you get snooty looks from the neighbors as they let their French bulldogs "accidentally" shit on your lawn. I assume. I'm too poor to live in East Sac.


Be sure to come early, or at like 1 A.M., cus the streets literally go 5mph max.


Actually I take that back. You can't exactly appreciate the lights speeding down the streets.


But it's more fun to walk in my opinion. Get those daily 10k steps yaddimean.


Plenty of photo ops that way as well.


Sometimes they have little open trucks you can ride around in the back of sometimes. Maybe I made that up. It's been like twelve months since I last went.

Comments