RockSugar Kitchen (Century City)

food: 3.5/5
experience: 4.5/5
overall: 4/5

I always passed this place and thought it looked really cool so one day I finally went. And inside it looks really cool. It's decorated all cool and stuff. I dunno man just go there or look up some pics online. The food isn't bad either. But I didn't like a lot of the menu items so I wouldn't make it a regular spot personally.


The first dish I tried here was a chickpea dish. I don't think they offer it anymore. It was decent, just tasted like what it was. Curried chickpeas with some protein on top.

I remembered this place from last time so next time I went to LA I took my mom here to show her how cool it is. I got the one item on the menu that didn't have soy in it, which was the grilled loup de mer (whole sea bass).


Can you tell how dark it is inside? Yeah I know this picture is a horrible representation. Anyway, emphasis on grilled, but it came out fried. The fish was pretty good and at least I could put some of that chili lime sauce on it. It's not a big serving given it's a whole fish. It's very thin. It must be a different specie of seabass than what I usually eat. Mom just got the summer rolls.


Different from spring rolls I guess? They're just your typical rice paper-wrapped lettuce, shrimp, rice noodle mixture. So boring to me, I don't know why she always gets them. But they were just like any other restaurant's.

RockSugar is advertised as Southeast Asian cuisine. So they have a varied menu ranging from Indian-inspired dishes like chicken tikka masala, to Thai-inspired green curry and pad thai, to Vietnamese-inspired pho, to Chinese-inspired baos, and a bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately for me they said almost their entire menu has soy in it so I got the only things that didn't, basically. For that reason I likely won't return.

Comments