California Livin' Series: Basilique du Sacré-Cœur de Montmartre (Paris)

Is the commute from California to Paris getting tired yet? Yes, I know, you get it, I spent time in Paris. But I went to Paris. Of course I have to share my trip with you. Just like... one more thing. Promise. I took a bunch of cool pictures and I can't let them go to waste.

So. Let me tell you about the Montmartre Sacred Heart Basilica (English, for you peasants).


For all you uninformed readers out there, a basilica is a large building with double colonnades and a semicircular apse that was used in ancient Rome as a court of law or for public assemblies (yes, I Googled it too). It can also be used as a church, like this one.


Be careful of the pickpockets and street vendors on your way up the hill.

Should you decide to climb the 300 steps (on a tiny spiral staircase) to the top you will get a wonderful view of the city. Montmartre is the highest point in Paris so you're going to the top of the top.


Yeah we didn't do this. We just walked to the top of the lawn in front and then looked off the balcony because the building was closed.


Still a pretty good view though, eh?


For reference this is what it would look like should you hike up those steps.


Unfortunately I cannot show you the interior because like The Louvre (and other historical buildings that should be respected), photography is not allowed inside. I can show you the outside though.


There's a little playground for the kiddos to occupy their time.


And even a merry-go-round! There seems to be a lot of these in Paris.


So I'll just keep this review short and sweet since this is just another site-seeing opp. Go for the panoramic views. And make sure not to buy anything from anyone. There's no such thing as "discount tickets."


Comments