Temple Coffee (Sacramento)

food: 3/5
experience: 2/5
overall: 3/5

Dude this is ridiculous. I don't care how damn good your coffee is, five ounces of espresso for over three bucks plus two dollar refills is not. Worth. It.


Here is where Sacramento's "urban professionals" meet the hipster employees who work for them. They have locations littered all throughout Sac and one in Davis. Good news, you don't have to have a password to connect to Wi-Fi. Other good stuff about this place: sorry, that was it. What? I did say their coffee was good. Implied, rather.

I'm tempted to drink that coffee someone left on the table just to get my/their money's worth.

Griping aside. I did come back to try their pastries because they looked so good the first time. They get sold out quickly apparently because I had to go to a couple locations before I found some. Most of their stuff is gluten-free unfortunately which actually ain't that good for you. For me anyway, I can't digest brown rice (their gluten-free stuff from Sugar Plum Bakery is made with brown rice flour) so gluten-full stuff is better.

They have something I've never heard of, monkey bread. It had coconut and blueberries in it.


4/5. Pretty good. It's like a croissant but it's lumpy and shaped like a muffin. But it's called bread. So it's the best of all worlds? Also got a scone and a bread loaf.


Lemon blueberry scone probably my least favorite item. It's all shiny on the outside and doesn't look too appetizing. It didn't taste bad but still 3/5. It's moist at least. The banana chocolate bread could use more chocolate. I forgot it even had any in it until the last couple of pieces. Banana bread is always good though. 4/5. Pastries are tree-fitty each. I also tried their croissant another time.


Yuck. 2/5. Too crispy for a croissant. Not fresh. Croissants are meant to be doughy and soft, not crispy.

They don't warm the pastries like Starbucks does so minus points for that. They also don't have lemon for the water which is surprising given they specialize in beverages.

Hot teas they have a decent variety. It comes in a little pot which has about three small teacup's worth of tea.


Not great to be honest. Very watered-down in flavor.

Finally, they have a (very) small selection of herbal/non-caffeinated teas. Namely, honey lemon and South African rooibos. The rooibos is pretty good, I have to say.


$2.50 refills though? Yeah, I'm out.

Comments