California Livin' Series: Joystick Gamebar (Atlanta)

Insert DJ Khaled voice: "Another one!" Okay never mind, I don't want that fool stuck in my head. Here are all the previous ones in this ongoing series that is California Livin'.

I couldn't visit Atlanta without trying some of the nightlife. I'm not a big nightlife person myself. I don't dance unless I'm drunk, and I don't drink unless I'm in a crazy mood already. Neither of those happened on this particular occasion.

My one Atlantan friend is an introvert so he too likes his space. He's the sit-at-the-bar-alone-and-brood type. No ribbing, he's said this himself. Which is cool with me because I have a bit of an antisocial streak.


Anyway, we ended up at Joystick because there's actual fun stuff to do there besides "socialize" and "get wasted" and "do lines off the toilet seat." So there's that. Cool cool. Arcade games and board games and other stuff. They have trivia as well.


About ten retro video games! I lost at all of these. They have Tekken 4, Street Fighter, Space Invaders, and that's all I remember. I'm not good with an actual joystick. More of a hands-on person myself.


Three pinball machines! Got 100k on the pinball machine. Nice. I think that's a good score. I was playing for a while so it musta been.


One foosball table! I won three-fourths of the games. Master Status.


Dunno how many board games but they do have them! We didn't play because they're boar-ing. Hah... hah.


Plus a full bar, it being... a bar. Didn't get drinks but my friend's food pyramid consists mostly of alcohol so he got a drink.


The lounge area looks like an old-timey living room. It's nice but it's usually occupado.


And they have a TV with Atari! So rad.


They serve bar food but we already ate. Burgers, tacos, the uj'.


It's cheap enough. Quarter machine so you can play your games. Now all they need is a pool table, outside or something. This place isn't that big. Oh yeah there's some cool murals on the side of the building no one seems to notice because it's usually night time.

Comments