Kyoto Japanese Cuisine (Land Park)

food: 5/5
experience: 2/5
overall: 3/5

The food is cheap and the fish is fresh down at Kyoto. Unfortunately for me the first time I came here I forgot to mention my food allergies. I thought lamb would be safe. I was wrong.


It's marinated in soy sauce. Ugh. Didn't find out till I faced the repercussions. Damned if it was not delicious going down though. The next time there I went with a safer choice: the sashimi plate.


For eighteen bucks, ten pieces weren't that filling but the next price up was $38 for a twenty-piece set. I just don't have that kind of money to throw down. It was fresh enough though. The selection is typical: hamachi, salmon, tuna. Nice presentation at least.

All rolls are fifty percent off! All of the time! Why not just put the lower prices on the menu? If you're fooling anyone then they deserve to pay the full price for stupidity. Okay that might be a little harsh. Anyway, these rolls are delicious for the price you pay. I've tried a couple, the creamy maguro and the Mount Fuji.


Both loaded with crab salad and the creamy maguro has cream cheese which makes it just bomb as fuck. The Mount Fuji is the one with a mountain of crab salad on top too. That was filling as fuck.

The problem with this place is every time I've ordered anything other than sashimi, in spite of making my soy allergy very clear, my food has been spiked with soy sauce. I've heard this restaurant has been closed down on multiple occasions for health code violations so that makes sense. And for that reason, I'm out.

Comments