Kabab and Curry's (Santa Clara)

food: 2.5/5
experience: 1/5
overall: 2/5

You can smell this restaurant hundreds of feet away. And clearly the Indian people all come here judging by the interior so you know it should be good. Should be. Beware the noise upon entering.

No booths unfortunately, just basic chairs and tables. Lots of them with only three chairs. Weird.

There was some miscommunication about the naan being unable to eat without curry, dunno what that was about. Eventually I just pointed to it on someone else's table and it got cleared up. Maybe there's some kind of naan they have that's for dipping only? Anyway. We tried the chicken and beef seekh kabob, tandoori fish, and naan.

Unluckily we came during Ramadan right around the time they can break their fast so all the cooks were eating. It took over twenty minutes. Starving by then.


This kabab came out and yes it looks like a shit. It wasn't bad tasting but it was nonetheless a shit kabab and therefore inedible. We tried the chicken one which tasted better than the beef but still, eating that is some kinky shit. I had to cover it so I could finish my meal without barfing.


The naan was not the best I've had, none of that omigod flour flavor.


The tandoori fish had that nice charcoal flavor with some spiciness. But a small amount for one meal. Their tandoori stuff in general would be a good option based on the flavor.

That kabab though. After that we decided this place would henceforth be called Dookie Kabab's.

I came back in hopes that Dookie Kabab's would rectify their unsightly food and mediocre service. Unfortunately that did not happen. This time I got takeout so the service was just getting me my food on time, which happened. But I come home and it's like... 1.25 cups of lamb korma.


This cost me ten bucks? That's like a snack not dinner. On top of that there were three huge bones in it as you can see. Bones that are inedible and break teeth and occupy volume in my dish where there would otherwise be lamb. And on top of that the korma had some weird seeds in it that once in a while you'd bite into and it'd be like a blast of unpleasant flavor. I can't remember what those are called but I've never had them whole in Indian food.

The only upside of this was I got to piss off my passive-aggressive roommate by smelling up the apartment. So long, Shit Kabab's.

Comments