California Livin' Series: Bodega Bay Lodge (Bodega Bay)

More of your favorite series (I'm guessing... no one comments) - California Livin'! This time we're going coastal.

I'd never been to Bodega Bay before but when my amazing awesome friend offered to take me to a spa resort I was immediately in. Escape the relatives for Thanksgiving break and get a massage instead? Yeah, I think I'm down to do all that.

Speaking of massages, they have warm shell massages, which is what I got. I know, it sounds amazing.


It's like a regular 80-120 minute massage only they also get hot shells and slide them all over you to relax you. It's pretty good but I wish she went a little deeper. Didn't get all those knots out if you know what I mean. And the shells felt more like hot stones to me. Hm.

The beds are very comfy and come with a lot of pillows, as is standard.


But the best part of the room is the entertainment section, which is stocked with a big flat-screen, a fireplace with log, and a cooler full of goodies you have to pay for. Plus some comfy lounge chairs.


The lovely view from the balcony is also quite nice. Especially at sunset. Feel free to sit outside and ponder.


Or peruse the lovely greenery on the grounds.


Also available for your pleasure: an infiniti jacuzzi and a lap pool, with fire pit adjacent and sauna inside the gym.


Some more pretty scenery...


The hotel gives you two complimentary water bottles every morning. Their water is actually pretty good.


Room service, of course, is always an option...


Drakes Sonoma Coast is the on-site restaurant and this is where we ate all of our meals. See that post for more deets on that sweet restaurant.


Don't forget to work off all those food calories at the gym! Too bad there's only one treadmill...


Unrelated: I beat my record on this treadmill, twice! New record is 11:00 flat! This coming from a girl who couldn't run a mile to save her life a couple months ago.

Best for last: remember to visit Duran Beach, which is just down the road from the resort. There's picnic tables, fishing, and a lot of aggressive sea gulls.


Treat yo self!

Comments