Taste of Tuscany (Antelope)

food: 3.5/5
experience: 2/5
overall: 3/5

I guess this place is okay for what it is. A big Italian joint in a strip mall.

Technically they got my order wrong the first time. I ordered a mini pizza and they gave me a medium. So I was waiting for my mini pizza and I went up to the counter and they said they'd just charge me for a mini and leave the medium. Which is fine but like, my pizza was getting cold by then. Wish they'd told me.


The flavor was Mitch's Tuscan Delight. It was average. A vegetarian pizza. The crust was pretty good for thin crust, and the garlic sauce was yummy. Not as good as Domino's. I wasn't going to come back since I'm hardly ever in the area but I thought I should give them a second chance.

Couldn't go full Italian without trying the pasta. Their pastas didn't look too inspiring to me. Just your typical alfredo, marinara, pesto, or wine sauces. Lacking in creativity in my opinion. I just tried the cheese ravioli with creamy tomato sauce. Comes with garlic cheese breadsticks.


The breadsticks were pretty good in the sense that all breadsticks with cheese on them are good. It's basically like a little pizza. They also have ones with pesto. Those probably would've been even better.


The ravioli was definitely homemade judging by its texture (it had imprints on the seals of the pasta) but it just tasted like standard ravioli. If you like cheese ravioli you'll like it. It's fine. Comes with six raviolis so about $2.50 a pop. The tomato sauce was creamy and slightly sweet but nothing out of the norm. Shrimp cost extra.

They have several Italian desserts. I wanted to try the Italian classic tiramisu but since their desserts aren't made in-house they had no idea what was in it so I couldn't partake. Shame.

One last thing: even though the service is usually great, last time I was here I slipped on spilt water on the floor and fell flat on my face on my way to the bathroom. When I came back they were just cleaning it up and they didn't even apologize. They've also gotten my order wrong every time I've come. So I can't say I'd recommend.

Comments