Domino's (International)

food: 4.5/5
experience: 4.5/5
overall: 4.5/5

Italians are outraged because the news is in and Domino's is opening up 600 locations in their country! The nation known for its pizza... subject to Domino's. I feel for ya, guys.

So, talk about inconsistency. I remember the first time I had Domino's I was blown away by how good the crust was. The pizza was delicious. I think I just got your basic vegetarian style.

Funnily enough shortly after that Michael Che said something on Weekend Update about Domino's trying to trick people into buying cheap pizza with some kinda deal, "but we all know it's still Domino's" (don't quote me on that quote). Which reminded me to try it again. And I did, and it was awful.


I asked for light cheese (tryna be a lil healthy here), which to them must have meant heavy tomato sauce. Yuck! Not only that but the crust this time was pretty abysmal. And soggy, obviously. I used to work here and I know the dough is made ahead of time, plus it was the same location, so what gives? I dunno but no more Domino's pizza for me. They fell from the top of the fast food pizza chart to the bottom. I give their pizza a 2/5. Grocery store pizza is gourmet in comparison. Mmmm. Love me some frozen pizza.

Anyway, I think it was just an off day because I tried their stuffed cheesy bread which is made with the hand-tossed regular dough and it was bomb as fuck. You can add spinach & feta to make it fancy, or bacon & jalapeno to make it, er, American. I just got the regular.


It's dough topped with cheese topped with more dough topped with more crusted cheese. Looks nastay but it's definitely better than pizza. Dip it in marinara sauce and that's basically what it is. On this occasion the cashier recommended to me the pan pizza over the hand-tossed (they also have Brooklyn style which is just a large thinner crust; thin crust; and gluten free).


Well the cashier was right to recommend. I don't know what they did to their crust but this is amazing. It's nice and thick. Their toppings are aight but I got garlic parmesan sauce and more parm on top and this by itself made for an amazing pizza. All hail Domino's pan pizza.

Instead of regular garlic bread, they have garlic bread (and parmesan bread) twists made from their hand-tossed crust as well.


Greasy, garlicky, buttery deliciousness. The bread is fresh and doughy but crisp on the outside. Eat 'em while they're hot. And yeah they do look like cancer ribbons.

Not to mention those parmesan bites though, made with the pan pizza dough.


If you wanna save some money on the twists get these fuckers - they're only like four bucks. Loaded with melted garlic butter, herbs, and parmesan, and served hot. They're fluffy and delicious and they give you plenty of them. If you behave they might (accidentally) throw an extra one in there.

Like most modern pizza spots, they sell (hot) wings. Domino's has a bunch of sauces to choose from though. I got me some sweet mango habanero wings, the spicy jalapeño pineapple chicken for that tropical heat, and some plain old boneless chicken nuggies.


The mango habanero wings (right) are pretty tiny. They're just the right amount of spicy and sweet. Very, very saucy. The spicy jalapeño pineapple chicken (left) is an interesting concoction. It looks like a casserole and it very well may be. These chicken nuggets taste just like grocery store nugs, which is a good thing. The pineapple and jalapeño add a nice kick, plus they're super cheesy. They're a little soggy too because of the toppings, which I personally enjoy. They also throw bacon and buffalo sauce on there. Genius. And the boneless chicken (middle) I dipped in hot sauce (see below). More yummy chicken nugginess. Nice herb blend and perfectly breaded, and crispy.


Their hot sauce is not too spicy for seasoned spice fans but probably too much for weaklings. It's basically buffalo sauce.

To finish your food frenzy off, for dessert they have cinnamon bread twists, which are basically the garlic bread twists but with cinnamon butter.


These are pretty greasy from the cinnamon sugar butter but they're great when they're served hot, and the icing really just makes them fantastic. It's basically a pizza dough cinnamon roll.

There's also brownies. I like brownies so I figured why not.


These are "marbled cookie brownies" but they just taste like regular brownies with a slight cookie taste in the middle. They're moist but flavor wise they're nothing too different. They taste really good frozen, though. And they have lava cake but cake from Domino's sounds ridiculously sad.

Did you know you can buy sandwiches and pasta from Domino's too? Come on, Domino's. Stick with what you're good at.

Since they (usually) get my order right and on time, and since they always give coupons, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on one pizza. Everything else I've had is majorly delicious.

Fun fact: I used to work at Domino's. For like, a week. Every year they bring the whole crew to this speed pizza-making competition. I, of course, never went, but in case you're considering a career at Domino's, it's one of the perks. As is free pizza on the job (locations may differ).

Comments