Chopan Kabob House (Elk Grove)

food: 2.5/5
experience: 2/5
overall: 2/5

Decided to check out this little find in Elk Grove. High reviews online but not too many, probably because it's impossible to see in a little strip mall next to Pizza Guys. It was literally empty when we came in. There's like, no ambiance whatsoever.

We started out with a cucumber yogurt dip. Must-E-Khiar. I think it's similar to raita.


It comes with pita bread which was super chewy and just not good. The dip was aight but I'm not a fan of plain yogurt or cucumber.

Next was the bolani, which you have to try if you come here basically. Being only two of us we got a half order which was way too much.


As good as the bolani looks in the picture it was rather disappointing. It's just fried potato pretty much. You can get it spicy which I should have, might've tasted more exciting.

I also got the Chopan house special lamb kabobs. They have fish on the menu too but it's just fried tilapia which didn't appeal to me. Other than that their menu is very small.


The lamb chops were good. Really good. But it had a a lot of bone in it. I like the marinade they use on the kabobs. But again they only give four pieces and a ton of rice. I don't eat rice so yeah no.

Food mostly mediocre, and expensive for what you get. Don't recommend.

Comments