Tank House BBQ & Bar (Midtown Sacramento): Brunch Edition

food: 5/5
experience: 5/5
overall: 5/5

A BBQ place getting a 5/5 brunch rating? Tank House is an unlikely winner in the race for best brunch in Sac. Their brunch menu contains about eight different things, plus one daily special. All of them look good but of course I don't have time to try all of them. I have other places to hit up.


Sausage omelette: 5/5
Okay so it's just eggs, onions and bell peppers, but this sausage man. It tastes so smokey and savory. It's probably the best sausage I've had in this whole city. They put parmesan cheese on top of the omelette which is just great. I'm not one to comment on bacon but their bacon is also amazing. Thick cut and nice and spicy.

Potatoes: 5/5
Potatoes for breakfast are definitely growing on me. These are nice and crispy and whatever spices they use are just amazing. Yes, this whole dish is a huge winner.


Pancakes: 4.5/5
This pancake is pretty big for a "side" but it's also pretty damn delicious. It's not too fluffy but the flavor is all there.


French toast: 4/5
Made with thick-cut Texas toast. The batter is decent and the raspberry jam is good. Not the best French toast I've had but not bad by any standards.


Biscuit: 5/5
Okay. This is definitely the best biscuit I've had so far in Sac. It's huge, it's floury, it's fluffy, it's crisp on the outside, it's slightly buttery, and it comes with fucking honey butter. I am done.


Brunch burrito: 4.5/5
By itself the burrito is 3.5 but the meat easily adds a full point. I was hesitant to get pork but pulled pork does sound delicious so I tried it. Indeed, pulled pork is delicious. Especially if it's from a place that specializes in barbecue. The rest of the burrito is just eggs, cheese, and plain potatoes, and it's topped with more cheese. The tortilla is big. They could've filled it with some grilled veggies too, something to round out the flavor. But the pork, I could've just eaten that by itself.

You may not think of a BBQ place as a brunch spot but I can guarantee you'll have a delicious time at Tank House. On Sundays they focus on brunch and brunch only (during the morning/early afternoon) so you know it's gonna be especially yum. Special thanks to the staff for de-contaminating their areas while they prepared my food so as to avoid any allergic reactions.

Comments