Dad's Kitchen (Land Park): Brunch Edition

food: 3/5
experience: 5/5
overall: 3.5/5

Dad's has character. It has pizzazz. It has great service. It has, uh, a bunch of kids there all the time for some reason. Do people in this neighborhood just like breeding? I dunno. What they don't have is a very good brunch selection. Not the portion I sampled, anyway.

They've got your standard omelets, eggs and bakey and breakfast taters. I like my breakfast carb-y though if I'm gonna cheat. We just tried a few things.


Biscuits: 1.5/5
Wow, these are amazingly awful. They definitely microwave them judging by their rubbery texture. It takes some muscle to pull them apart and they're chewy, not flaky or crisp. The flavor is pretty bad as well. Not buttery just kind of bland. Not as bad as Denny's biscuits but it's among the worst we've tried.


French toast: 4/5
Their French toast is solid though. Made on that lovely brioche bread, you get four decent-sized slices along with a meat of choice (below). It tastes exactly like mom used to make it in the pan (or dad, I guess). Orange glaze and bananas make a unique topping. Better than plain old syrup.

JalapeƱo chicken apple sausage: 5/5
I know this is just a side but I have to say, these are bae. They're sweet and they're meaty and they're not actually spicy so they'll please all crowds (except spice lovers).

Dad's does not specialize in brunch; they specialize in American. Specifically, burgers. Big burgers. Brunch is there just to please the Land Park yuppies.

Comments