Red Lobster (International)

food: 3.5/5
experience: 3/5
overall: 3.5/5

Fish lovers unite at Red Lobster. No matter what city you're in, Red Lobster will (probably) be nearby. If you want seafood in Indiana? You got it. Miserable in Missouri without fish? No problem. Shrimpless in Alaska? Well, they have seafood there already so probably go elsewhere. But nowhere else can you get unlimited cheese biscuits.


These actually don't do it for me anymore though. They're not as crisp and cheesy as I remember. Oh well, less carbs and fat for me. Eat them right away or they get all hard and crusty later. You can take extras home with you no charge.

I don't know how anyone could give lobster a bad rating to be honest. Sure it's expensive but it's expensive everywhere. Back when I used to eat lobster this is where I'd find myself. Speaking of lobster...


Lobster tacos! This is the closest you'll get to trying lobster without breaking the bank. Three tacos and rice for fifteen bucks ain't too shabby. Lovely little things. Lobster plus tacos is an instant win in my book.


Their wood-grilled dish with salmon, lobster and shrimp is bountiful and sure to feed a party of two (relatively light eaters). So buttery, but so good. I ate the whole dish and I feel fat now. The price you pay for delicious food.

On a related note they also have some lighter fare like plain old fish if you're feeling fat.


I prefer tilapia to salmon (their two main fish options). Blackened tilapia gets you a decent portion and the spices they use taste delicious. I love blackened anything.

Once a year they have "endless shrimp" where you can pig out on, yup, endless shrimp for a flat rate. Nashville hot, teriyaki, garlic scampi, linguini alfredo, hand breaded, and sriracha honey. All yours for only sixteen bucks plus tax (or more, depending on location).


But there's always some kind of special going on so don't worry if you miss it.

Today's catch is a nice feature that adds a bit of authenticity to the seafood theme. Among them are usually salmon, tilapia, trout, flounder, and tuna. Rarer ones include walleye, catfish, haddock, cod, and pollock.

An old standby is the coconut shrimp. If you haven't had coconut shrimp before, you have to try it. I don't know who came up with this flavor combo but it's fantastic.


Of course, being a seafood restaurant they are mandated to serve fish and chips.


The fish of choice is cod which is my least favorite fish so I'll pass on this one.

Last, my personal favorite combo, tilapia plus shrimp. The two things I actually like on this menu combined on one plate.


Tilapia grilled with prawns with chili lime butter all over it and pineapple salsa on top. It is as yummy as it sounds, no more no less.

Again, this place isn't exactly cheap, but if you're in the mood for seafood without the desire for a fancy-pants restaurant that may or may not have crumbs all over the floor and so-so service, Red Lobster is where it's at.

Comments