Taqueria Los Anaya (West Adams)

food: 3.5/5
experience: 1/5
overall: 2.5/5

Chips and salsa are not complimentary!

How ridiculous. The food was pretty good but that really put a damper on the experience. They really need to tell people the chips are not free when they ask for them. That's super tricky and shady. They cost $5.50 because they're homemade and apparently were "terrible" (I don't know, they were corn so I didn't try). They didn't take it off the bill even though we didn't eat any.


I ordered the pescado veracruzano (tilapia). Flavorful sauce on top. It was pretty good and filling. Comes with rice and beans and tortillas. By the way unless you specify, everything here is corn corn corn. The chips, the tortillas, the... well I guess that's it. They replaced them with flour and those were actually pretty good too.


The beans and rice are decent. Just taste as described, no more no less.


More of those nasty chips in there.

And the tacos are just okay. Fish and shrimp, we got. Not anything special to them, again they just taste like what they are.


I would think a restaurant in LA (especially the Mexican hood part of LA) could do a better fish taco.

Seriously though the chips. No props to them on that. I wouldn't come back for that reason alone. I don't think I've ever had to pay for chips at a Mexican restaurant in my life. The food seems pretty basic to me. They don't even have mole and this is in Los Angeles.

Comments