The Vortex Bar & Grill (Atlanta)

food: 4.5/5
experience: 4/5
overall: 4.5/5

Ooooh a 21 and up restaurant. Shmexy. When you enter the restaurant you'll be walking through a large skull. It's primo for a photo op. I went here with my friends during my vacation in Atlanta. Open late. Nice.

They specialize in burgers. According to their website they are considered "the Godfather of Atlanta burger joints." We all got different kinds.


Delicious. Sriracha on a burger? Count me in. It also has guacamole and chipotle cream cheese. What. Yes. In my mouth. Now.


The Four Horsemen, topped with horseradish sauce. I've never had it before but it's actually pretty good. It's bitter. My friend was making fun of my other friend because she's a mutant - she has the gene that can't detect bitter. Meaning she isn't equipped for survival and probably would've died of poisoning if it were ancient times. So long story short bitter foods are her favorite.


And last, the one I got, the Spicy as Shit. Okay it's not called that, it's called Hell's Fury. It has pepper jack, habanero sauce, jalapeƱo, and "Atomic Death sauce". Honestly it wasn't that spicy to me but my stomach begged to differ. Yes it hurt after it went down.

Other highlights on the menu? The Classic Bypass, which has a fried egg, three slices of 'murican cheese, and four slices of bacon...


The Fat Elvis, which they added plantains to... (if you're familiar with an Elvis sandwich, it's PB and bacon)


And the Zombie Apocalypse, as a tribute to Walking Dead (filmed/based in Atlanta), which has BBQ pulled pork, spicy honey BBQ sauce, pepper jack and two eggs. Highly doubt any of these would be available during the apocalypse but sounds good to me.


Oh yeah, they have funnel cake fries, with raspberry dipping sauce. Hnnnghh. I would fly back to Atlanta just for these.


You can sub your patty for chicken, fried chicken, veggie (yuck) or Impossible (yuck-er). Keep in mind the vegetarian burgers are cooked on the same grill so vegetarians and vegans are shit outta luck. Go elsewhere.

It's not that cheap here but it's apparently like a must-visit according to my friends. It's so popular. It wasn't crowded at all though. Probably because we ate at like 9pm. I didn't get to see the inside though cus they seated us outside. Boooo. Minus a point.

Comments