Greek Marina (Honolulu)

food: 5/5
experience: 4/5
overall: 5/5

Needed something to eat after the beach. Checked out the local restaurants. Nothing looked too exciting but this place has some delicious looking photos and an interesting menu. I was curious. Almost didn't go though because wtf Greek food? What even is.

Fabuloussss. We got the spanakopita, feta salad, and gyros.


Spanikopita is already delicious but theirs is just so flaky and soft and mmmm. Shame they only give you two pieces.


The Greek salad is pretty filling. But the gyros, man. The gyros. Yee-ros.


Meat is so flipping tender I didn't know what to do with myself. Did not leave any on my plate whatsoever. The salad with it is pretty good, hummus on the plain side as is the pita, but it's still very soft and nice. And that yogurt tzatziki stuff I just never like anyway so that's a wash. If only they replaced that with more gyros.

It's a cute little place with checkerboard tablecloths. If you're in the area and want something different, seriously try it. Never thought I would enjoy Greek food since all I tried before this were falafels. You will like this food. You will come here, you will order it and eat it and you will like it.

Comments