OBA Kitchen (East Sacramento)

food: 4/5
experience: 1/5
overall: 2/5

Went here because this place was highly recommended by a friend of the family I guess. First impression was definitely a big no. Over twenty minutes for some sashimi and even longer for BBQ albacore.


Not even good presentation as you can see. Super basic and the same four kinds of fish everyone else uses: salmon, tuna, hamachi. No variety at all. Sashimi should be the easiest thing to prepare and not like it was a task to decorate it either since the presentation was terrible. They legit just forgot about my order.

So yeah literally everyone inside the restaurant was eating except me, including people who came after us. Honestly they need to get their shit together. This was just a pathetic experience. No apology sorry for wasting your time, no discount, nothing. I finally got the BBQ albacore but I had to get it to go because it had been about forty-five minutes by this point.


It was really good, I have to say, but they could have arranged it better in the take-out container. Looks like they literally just dumped it in there.

For East Sac it's pretty poorly decorated. They could be doing so much more even if it is in a strip mall. As it is it's pretty sparse. I was going to return but their sushi selection is incredibly basic. It's nothing you wouldn't find anywhere else and it's very uncreative. Plain fish, spicy fish, tempura, avocado, cucumber. Like I said, boring.

They have vegan poke and Chinese food too for what it's worth.

Comments