Dickey's Barbecue Pit (Nationwide)

food: 3.5/5
experience: 3.5/5
overall: 3.5/5

Everyone's probably driven past a Dickey's at some point if they've lived in America. Dickey's is the biggest barbecue chain in the United States. I'm not a huge barbecue eater but I can appreciate some fired-up slabs of meat once in a while.

With the goal of just sampling a bit of everything, I got a two-meat plate, which comes with two sides and a roll. Chicken and turkey. I know, not too adventurous, but with all my food intolerances I kinda gotta keep it safe. I did sample a little mac 'n cheese and beans but tried to keep it keto for the most part.


The sides were, well, there. Nothing special. The bread was aight. Decent I s'pose. But the meat was nice and tender, and not overly seasoned - just enough to complement the juiciness of the meat. For a chain restaurant they fared pretty well.

Bonus: if you save your appetite, see if you can score a free soft-serve ice cream cone. I passed on mine but I'm sure it tastes like corn-syrupy goodness.


Comments