El Misión (South Sacramento)

food: 2.5/5
experience: 2.5/5
overall: 2.5/5

I mostly came here because it looks like Casa Bonita from South Park. It was alright but from the pictures of the place I was expecting more. Maybe I should've gotten one of those chimichangas. Those looked magnificent. Definitely not on the ol' diet plan though.

As it were though I got a standard taco-burrito combo. My usual at Mexican restaurants. Also an enchilada.


They were just OK. The taco tasted average. A chicken taco. The meat was fine. Enchilada, fine again. The shredded beef burrito was on the salty side though. The tortilla wasn't anything to call home about. I don't think they're homemade. I overheard someone say to order the tortillas just by themselves. Nah. I doubt the quesadilla would've been that good. Beans and rice were, uh, present.


I tried the tamale too and it too was just alright. And the chips/nachos were the same as any other place.


What's good is they're so cheap. Like, cheaper than Jimboys. But it tastes worse than Jimboys so, you know. Also the service is on Mexican time. This is one exception where hood food isn't good food.

Comments