Pallino (Seattle)

food: 4/5
experience: 3/5
overall: 4/5

Pallino is an exclusive pizza joint in Seattle, only available to a certain variety of customers. Yes, that's right, for its location is only to be found (drumroll...) at the airport.

Womp.

I know. Normally I avoid airport food because the price-to-quality ratio is pretty abysmal. But our layover was too short to get food on either flight and too long to go without it, with not enough room in between to find food in the city. Can't really go wrong with pizza, right?

Thing is you have to order ahead of time because they won't start making it until you order it. Makes sense but keep in mind you have a flight to catch, so plan accordingly. At least we know it's fresh.

That grip aside, this was the only appealing restaurant in the airport that didn't just serve fish and chips. They had my beloved pizza. Unfortunately for me due to an unannounced termination change I had to wait a half hour before I could enjoy it on the plane, and by then my beloved pizza was verging on refrigerated.

I present to you the Tuscan Veggie. (I think. Don't quote me on it.)


Now for regular eleven-dollar pizza this is just okay. But for airport pizza? It's definitely acceptable. And the pizza is perfect for a single serving if not on the big side (it's four moderately small pieces). I had to share a slice. Since I got the veggie one I didn't get to eat those delicious slices of mozza they put on the cheese and margherita, but the veggies did a good job on their own. I'd eat it again.

They also sell pasta and sammiches but airport pasta sounds pretty damn depressing (and hilarious).

Comments