Teavana (International)

food: 5/5
experience: 4/5
overall: 5/5

This is a posthumous post about my beloved Teavana, the only chain tea store I know of in the US with such a humongous selection. They have been acquired by evil Starbucks who closed all of their stores last year and now only sells a paltry selection of their teas. Boooo.

You could get fresh made tea in store or buy it in bulk. Any tea you liked, you could get made on the spot, hot or iced. I'm caffeine-sensitive so I go for the herbals.


And now, my recollection of every single delicious herbal tea I sampled here over the years. Yes, I kept a log.

Zingiber Ginger Coconut: 4.5/5
A nice, light, sweet tea. Heavy on the coconut with a hint of ginger. Exotic but not spicy.

Dosha Chai: 4.5/5
Sweet and spicy and a little tangy, with a hint of coconut.

Caramel Almond Amaretti: 5/5
A sweet dessert tea. Very caramel-y with a nutty almond background.

CocoCaramel Sea Salt: 5/5
Very sweet. A perfect mesh of coconut and caramel that almost resembles white chocolate.

White Chocolate Peppermint: 3.5/5
Tastes like mint chip, emphasis on the spearmint. A little lacking in complexity.

Honeybush Vanilla: 4/5
Sweet, honey-tinged vanilla.

S'mores: 3.5/5
Tastes vaguely like a s'more. Mostly tastes like chocolate with a little hint of graham cracker, and a weird alcoholic undertone as well.

Jade Citrus Mint: 2/5
Tastes like a dull mint and not much else.

Tranquil Dream: 3/5
Drink this for sleepiness, not flavor. Mostly tastes floral but not that weird bitter floral, just kind of sweet.

Chocolate Chai: 3/5
Chocolate and spicy chai, but with that weird chocolate liqueur undertone again.

Their bulk tea lasted surprisingly long. I probably got about fifteen cups per baggie, using a half tablespoon per cup. They sold iced tea makers which were not very durable but nonetheless made a perfect serving of iced tea before they broke.

Teavana, I will forever miss your free samples and the bountiful smelly teas that awaited me inside your store. Starbucks, please heed my call and bring back the wonderful variety of Teavana teas all of us love and miss.

Comments