Roberta's Cocina Mexicana (South Land Park)

food: 3.5
experience: 3/5
overall: 3.5/5

For Mexican food in Sac, Roberta's is an "acceptable" option. They have an extensive menu but they haven't really mastered any one of those items. It's an authentic place (run by real Mexicans!) and they have a covered outdoor patio which is nice.

The starter chips are alright. I don't think they're freshly prepared. Nothing like Caballo Blanco's of course. Salsa whatever. Guessing their nachos wouldn't be that good.


Enchiladas poblanas come with the wonderful mole sauce I so love. Theirs is pretty bland though. Mole sauce has like, fifty ingredients, so I don't know how that happened.


Camarones a la diabla, a classic Mexican seafood dish. The sauce wasn't too spicy. Overall not that great either.


Filete de pescado. Your basic tilapia dish. I love tilapia and eat it daily. Theirs was light on tilapia, heavy on vegetables. It was decent, what can I say.


The burritos. Two words: fish burrito. Of all the options I gotta say this one was fantastic. Get the fish burrito if you come here and nothing else. The fish is so tender and the flavor is just magnífico.


Tacos. Fish are nowhere as good as the burrito, for some reason. Still good because hello, fish tacos. But, hear me now. Fish, burrito. Other tacos are alright. Fish taco is always best taco though.


They have handmade corn tortillas. They sure look good but I actually wasn't a fan of these. I know homemade trumps packaged every time but these were pretty bland. And their flour tortillas straight-up suck. Sorry, guys. Flat and flavorless.


Their beans and rice are good. Mostly because of the cheese, and I'm guessing lard because they taste authentic.

Roberta's has a breakfast menu that I haven't tried because Mexican breakfast meals just don't appeal to me. Mostly egg-heavy dishes. I don't do well with eggs. But I'm sure they're just as decent as everything else. Just not the best Mexican that this city has to offer.

Comments