Tako Korean BBQ (East Sacramento)

food: 3.5/5
experience: 3.5/5
overall: 3.5/5

Tako was a new discovery for me. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it in East Sac. Korean Mexican fusion, basically. Everyone loves a good Korean street taco. I decided to check it out before I moved away to San Jose.

Tacos were the only thing that sounded appetizing. They have burritos, bowls, sliders, fries, and nachos, all with the same ingredients in/on them, but I kept it simple. You choose your meat or vegetable (beef, pork, fish, chicken, tofu, or veggies) and off you go. I went with buldak (spicy chicken), saengsun (pollock fish), and dubu (tofu - before I became allergic).


The chicken was mostly just spicy and that's it. The tofu was a little too sweet for my taste. But the fish was spot on, good as any Mexican one I've had just about. It's fried fish. The sauce was perfect. Similar to most sauces I've had on fish tacos. Man I love fish tacos.

They also have wings and a kimchee quesadilla. Yuck. Hate kimchee. Cabbage is already nasty enough. Got them probiotics in it though. Still sounds nasty. Cream-filled churros for dessert tho. Noice.


Unfortunately no Taco Tuesdays here.

Comments