Pisces (Manhattan Beach)

food: 5/5
experience: 5/5
overall: 5/5

Attention all Pisces (and Pisces-at-heart): we have our own sushi restaurant! Located in the little town of Manhattan Beach.

Pisces is just the most adorable little spot. It is literally a hole in the wall, with a tiny space for counter seating for no more than three to four people, and a little bistro table outside. Most people order take-out.

Sara is the server and her husband is the chef. Sara could not be more sweet. I ordered the spicy scallops roll and the rainbow roll.


These were both delicious. I don't know about you but I can taste when something is made with love and these were. Not only that, they were fresh.


The spicy scallop had the spicy mayo on top and was a relatively simple roll. The rainbow had no sauce but several types of fish on top. Both were equally yummy and I finished them off quickly.

Sara saw I was picking the rice off them and just eating the fish part and came over to ask if everything was okay. I said I was allergic to sesame seeds (I also just don't want the carbs) and she apologized and gave me some spicy scallop inari on the house!


Obviously those were scrumptious as well. I do love scallops, I do I do.

After such a lovely experience we returned the next day and I got the sashimi plate.


Fresh as always, and she gave me my spicy scallops on the side. Sara, you know me too well.

Also tried the salmon roll. Salmon isn't my favorite so this wasn't my choice, but it works.


Their menu is small but they do what they do well. A nice pit stop on the way home from a long day of surfing (or, ya know, just watching the cute surfers).

Comments