Hokee Poke (Elk Grove)

food: 3/5
experience: 1/5
overall: 2/5

Two out of five might be a little harsh but seeing as this place is so popular I don't think it'll hurt their business in the slightest.

This was my first time trying the trend that is poke, and thanks to this place it might just be my last. I'm not sure if I had a typical experience. What I do know is I ordered a standard poke bowl for fifteen bucks and left hungrier than I came in.

I got mine as a salad. You get a few little scoops of protein on top. Lobster costs two dollars extra. For one scoop. And let me tell you, these scoops are tiny.


I don't care how fresh or good it is or whatever, at the end of the day it's just some fish with sauce, and that certainly ain't no fifteen dollars' worth of fish they put in my bowl. The sauce was nothing special, either. I just got Ono sauce which is like sriracha pretty much.

Next time I'm in this particular shopping center and I'm hungry I'm hitting up Thai Chili just a few meters away.

Comments