Duc Huong Sandwiches (South Sacramento)

food: 3/5
experience: 4/5
overall: 3/5

This place is not to be confused with Thanh Huong in the lot next to it. They specialize in sandwiches in soup but also have a bunch of Vietnamese items in the middle of the store like mochi and those dense squash cakes. I'm not a big pork fan so I just got the two things on the menu I'm willing to eat. There was some confusion over the size, they make it a large unless you specify small. But they gave us both large and small after I corrected them, which is awesome considering the prices are criminally low.


Their menu is small so you'd think it'd be good stuff. I'm not normally a fan of Vietnamese sandwiches personally but I tried the BBQ chicken. It was okay. The bread was good and the chicken was too. Pretty unremarkable.


The chicken curry soup came with bread too and that was also okay. They put the whole bone-in chicken in there so that was hard to navigate. It wasn't as good as say, Thai curry, but it is a lot cheaper after all.

I thought it'd be better given its popularity but I'm guessing it gets a lot of customers cos it's dirt cheap. Think I'm gonna take banh mi off my list of foods to keep trying. For the price though you can't beat it.

Comments