Island Tacos (East Sacramento)

food: 3/5
experience: 2.5/5
overall: 3/5

This is the little taco stand in the parking lot next to Trader Joe's. (Note: do not park here for TJ's, the lot owners are parking Nazis.) The tiny location always tempted me in a hidden-treasure kinda way so I finally went in and got some grub.

I wanted to sample as much as I could to get a good idea of how good their food was. My selections: tamale, taco, burrito. Basically the extent of their menu (they also have quesadillas). No chips to be found here, gotta get those next door.


Dreams dashed. Disappointing. Everything was thoroughly blah. Even the tamale lacked flavor. I couldn't describe how anything tasted because it was all just a wash. There's not really any seating outside, just a few flimsy tables, so I couldn't even enjoy some scenery while I scarfed down my grub.

Welp, one more Mexican joint to cross off the list, I s'pose.

Comments