Four Seasons Gourmet Chinese Restaurant (Davis)

food: 4.5/5
experience: 3/5
overall: 4.5/5

So I know I've given five star reviews for strip mall joints. But a gas station is where I draw the line.

Apparently I drove all the way from Sacramento to Davis for some gas station Chinese food because this place is rated higher than like, any other Chinese place in the entire county. And I got exactly what I expected: a styrofoam box full of a heap ton of cheap food stir-fried in some sauce for... a reasonable price. Not cheap. There's not really seating, per se, so everything is in a to-go box.

I got fish curry. I couldn't place what fish it was but it was really good. Maybe the kind they use in fish sticks? Is that cod?


Anyway. It had an extra fishy flavor and nice succulent squishiness or whatever. The curry tasted like typical packaged curry you get at the grocery store which is still good.

Was it good, yes. Was it great, uh, well it was pretty good. Was it worth five stars in spite of being gas station food, not quite. Would I come back, uh um uh well it's pretty standard Chinese which is my least favorite cuisine so probably notttt since I live in another city... I might if it were closer though.

Still can't believe I drove twenty minutes for some food from Chevron. I'm tagging this under "gas stations" and hopefully this will be the only time I use that tag.

Comments