Oz Korean BBQ (Elk Grove)

food: 4/5
experience: 5/5
overall: 4/5

It was my first official Korean BBQ experience. Instigated by my Korean friend. I had no idea how much food they gave you. No idea.

First they give you about twenty different appetizer dishes. There's a name for these, I learned: banchan (hope I'm spelling that right).


There was one that looked like bamboo or noodles or something that was my favorite. Wasn't a fan of kimchi, broccoli or any of the vegetables for that matter. They also had these rice cake things that were really plain, wasn't sure what to do with those.

Then came the main meal. You get your choice of meat with vegetables. They give you as much meat as you want. All you can eat is definitely not my style thanks to my small stomach but my friend was more than happy to eat my remains. And after the appetizers was even less hungry.


You put it all on the little stove in the middle of the table to barbecue and well you know what's up if you've ever been to one of these places. It wasn't anything to write home about but it was tasty. Not for vegetarians, for sure.

Would I come back? Probably not, KBBQ seems more like a one-and-done thing for me. I'd recommend it though.

Comments