Shizen Ya (Vancouver)

food: 3.5/5
experience: 3/5
overall: 3.5/5

Meh. It's alright.

We went here because we were fresh off the plane and starving for dinner at 8:30 (plane food is gross). This spot was about a block away from the hotel so Shizen Ya it was.

I tried one of their specialty rolls, the Sakura Blossom.


Lovely presentation, as you can see. It said it came with maple sauce (how Canadian!) but I didn't see any. That was one of the main draws so that kinda sucked. Their gimmick is they use all brown rice for their sushi. Well, it was edible, on the good side even. But I'd never go out of my way for it if I were back in the city.

We also tried the gyoza.


Typical gyoza with sweet sauce, not much to be said. If you've had one gyoza you've had 'em all. They wouldn't steam them, only fry, so that was disappointing.

Prices are standard. Nothing to drive out of your way for or anything. It's just... there.

Comments