Hong Kong Islander (South Land Park)

food: 3/5
experience: 3.5/5
overall: 3/5

This place is not too bad if you just want some Chinese. They definitely have a selection. And holy crap this venue is big. Apparently they get used for weddings a lot. The chairs are always decked out.

Not much of a vegetarian selection other than vegetable plates and one egg foo young dish (not sure about the sauce though, probably not). Seriously that's it. Unless you're one of those I-cheat-with-fish-because-they-don't-have-feelings vegetarians.

I've been here a couple times, one time as a vegetarian and one as definitely not. First time they did custom make a tofu dish for me. Mixed vegetables with garlic sauce and tofu.


Pretty visually unappealing. They didn't put much tofu on it so I asked for extra and after balking at first they later said it would be fine. No extra charge either. It really was not too good, that day or as leftovers. There was a lot of it though.

Second time I came with a group just to try the dim sum, namely chicken feet (I don't wanna pay for that nasty shit myself). And they were nasty. They're just pure gelatin and fat.


Believe, they looked a lot better on the plate.

Seems like one of those places you just go because you've always gone and it's what you do. Don't think I'll be back again.

Comments