Thai Farm House BBQ and Bistro (Land Park)

food: 4/5
experience: 3/5
overall: 3/5

This is one of those restaurants that just confuses me. How is it so popular and well-loved? As far as I can tell it's just your run-of-the-mill Thai restaurant, with a much smaller menu than most others.

I came here when they had just built this little brick shopping center and it first opened. Back then I assumed the menu would grow. I sampled the beef salad, spring rolls, and chicken satay (skewers).


Chicken satay was fine, y'know, hard to go wrong there. Spring rolls don't vary much anywhere you go. The peanut sauce was good. Overall alright. The beef salad was nicely seasoned. Decent.

The following time, a few years later, I was surprised to see their "opening menu" hadn't changed as far as I could see. I got a red curry dish, my Thai go-to while on a low-carb diet.



Again, it was good, nothing special. It wasn't too spicy, wasn't too sweet, nice flavor. Portion was on the smaller side. Fine, whatever.

There's nothing wrong with this restaurant if you're craving some kinda Thai food. They do have Thai samosas that look pretty appetizing that I've yet to try. But it's not a place I can see going out of my way to visit when the Thai food scene is thriving as much as it is in this city.

Comments

Post a Comment