Los Jarritos (Downtown Sacramento)

food: 3.5/5
experience: 3.5/5
overall: 3.5/5

We used to go here when I was a little kid and I remember thinking it was just the best place ever. So I wanted to revisit my childhood to see if memory held up. Well, everything's amazing when you're a kid I guess. The chips/nachos are a lot less tasty than I remember.


Also tried the burrito and the taco. I figure these three items contain all the components by which to judge a Mexican restaurant: chips, beans, rice, guac, cheese, and both styles of tortillas. Enchiladas are also good but I only have one stomach and the only additional component there is sauce so... Anyway, it's no secret most Mexican food is different combos of of the same ingredients.


What can I say? It's definitely good Mexican food. If you're looking for Mexican food, this will do. It's hard to go wrong with Mexican. It's not fantastic though and Sacramento has better to offer. You're not gonna be like ozmagah I has to come back. It's tasty but it's like just above average. Fresh so that's good. Exactly 3.5 out of 5.

Comments

  1. Yes Kristen, it is fresh, and their salsas are good! I like their Albondigas a lot. The main cook is great. Carmen Segovia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment