Golden Bowls Mongolian BBQ (La Riviera)

food: 4/5
experience: 5/5
overall: 4/5

Hey, another throwback. Back when I used to be vegan as well. I came here very regularly in high school because it was the most basic vegan food you could find: vegetables. Cooked up on a steaming barbecue and served fresh with infinite refills. Can't go wrong with Mongolian BBQ. That is unless you're gluten-sensitive, in which case steer clear, because the grill is loaded with noodles on a regular basis.

My being vegan meant I avoided the noodles and meat, and you know what? Mongolian BBQ is still delicious even when you just get a bowl of veggies loaded with pineapple and garlic on top. It beats Chinese food any day.


Over time you'll acquire packing skills so as to get the most food in one go. I personally don't think I could ever eat more than one towering bowl myself, but if your friends have huge appetites, MBBQ is where it's at.

Service was always great. Usually I got one bowl full to-go and unlike some other weird places, they were totally cool with that. They have these weird wontons they throw in with some sweet sauce that I generally avoided, as well as a lot of rice. Very small place but for Mongo BBQ in Sac, I say this is your best bet.

Comments